Vermont Roots Inc. Delivery Policy and Procedure
- For orders that are being delivered via a Vermont Roots Inc. staff member, there is a minimum order requirement of $200.
- For orders that are being delivered via a Vermont Roots Inc. staff member, there is a $4.00 Fuel and Handling surcharge on all orders within the state of Vermont. For all orders outside the state of Vermont there is a $.25/mile charge added to each order. In order to keep costs as low as possible, fuel and handling charges will only be billed on a one way basis instead of a round trip basis. This policy will be in effect for as long as economic conditions allow.
- All first time purchases must be paid Cash On Delivery. If C.O.D. is not an option, they can also be prepaid using a Visa Card, MasterCard, or a Discover Card. We do not accept American Express.
- Orders must be placed with our sales staff between the hours of 8am and 4pm. Orders may also be faxed in at any time. All orders that are received after 4pm will be processed on the next business day.
- Orders that are shipped out of the state of Vermont must be prepaid with a Visa Card, MasterCard, or a Discover. We do not accept American Express.
- Special Orders – Many of our vendors offer products that we do not stock on an everyday basis. We at Vermont Roots would be more than happy to fill these orders for you; just let one of our sales representatives know. All special orders must be canceled with 24 hours of the order being placed or they will be processed and will be nonreturnable. Please allow all special orders up to two weeks for delivery.
- All delivery times are approximate. At the time of order placement, you may request to have the driver inform you of when he or she will be there at the day of delivery. This is a service that Vermont Roots Inc. offers free of charge for your convenience. Please note that no product will ever be left unattended or without a signature confirming delivery. If alternate arrangements need to be made, please let your sales representative know ahead of time.
- All orders that are not in C.O.D. status need to be paid within 20 days of delivery. All late payments are subject to a 3% late fee. This 3% is accrued on a monthly basis.
- All returned checks are subject to $25 Returned Check Fee.
- Vermont Roots Inc. delivers five days a week weather permitting. We will always deliver regardless of weather conditions unless the conditions may potentially endanger the safety of the driver or the truck. On the rare occasion that a delivery must be canceled, a customer service representative will call every customer and give them a new delivery date.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. In the event of a price change, Vermont Roots Inc. will do their best to notify you in advance.
- Drivers are not permitted to pick up a return from a previous shipment without an authorization form.
- When a delivery arrives
- Please check in your order with the driver. The driver will adjust the invoice to reflect any errors at that time. Your signature is authorization that the order was received and the signed invoice is accurate.
- Additional problems with the order must be called into Vermont Roots Inc. Customer Service Department within five business days. When calling in a correction, you must have the invoice number and date available.
- In the event a products needs to be returned, an authorization form will be given to the driver to pick up the return at the time of your next order providing no sticker or writing is on the packaging or label. Overstock items must be in a resalable condition and a 10% restocking fee will be charged to the customer.
- Credits are issued upon receipt of merchandise at our warehouse. At no point in time will the credit be issued until the returned merchandise has been picked up and delivered back to the Vermont Roots Inc. warehouse facility.
Customer satisfaction is very important to us here at Vermont Roots Inc. We will accept the return of any item within seven calendar days from the date of delivery. Please note that perishable products cannot be returned.